Are you worried about bullying?
Bullying can be very upsetting. Always remember it's not your fault if you're being bullied. Everyone is different and unique and that's what makes us wonderful and interesting!
Remember, bullying is:
- Repetitive: It happens again and again
- Hurting others on purpose: This might be physically hurting someone or hurting someone's feelings.
Bullying doesn't just happen in person. Cyber bullying is where people post things on the internet in messaging apps that are hurtful.
Types of bullying:
What can I do if I'm being bullied or I'm worried about someone else being bullied?
- Tell a trusted adult
- Don't say mean things back: this can be hard to do because you might be feeling upset or angry, but you might get in trouble or get even more hurt.
- If you feel you can, calmly tell the bully to stop and that you don't like what they are doing.
- If It's happening online, block the person
- If you don't know who to tell, you can call Childline on 0800 11 11 or find them online. https://www.childline.org.uk/
- If you're worried about someone else, be a good listener and comfort them if they're feeling upset.